- You have received an invite link to Predibase (for either the Free Trial or Paid plan).
- Typically an AWS admin role is required to create the CloudFormation stack via the AWS console.
There are two main steps to deploy Predibase into your AWS environment:
- Create the CloudFormation Stack in your AWS account
- Launch provisioning of the data plane
Creating the CloudFormation Stack in your AWS account
- Click the invite link in your email to create your Predibase user account
- Once you’ve created a user account, click on "AWS" and your preferred region on the Select your Cloud page.
- Sign into your AWS account.
- Click the direct link to navigate to a CloudFormation Stack. Note that this link is specific to your account and can’t be shared across accounts.
- Once you've acknowledged the capabilities at the bottom of the page, click “Create Stack”
- Once you’ve clicked Create Stack, navigate to the Outputs Tab and copy the key
CustomerEnvironmentRoleArn's value. Note that the value will take about 4-5 minutes to populate.
- Switch back to the Predibase setup page and paste the ARN value in the RoleArn field, click "Validate Role Authorization", and proceed with provisioning.
Steps 2 and 4: Setup screen with “Direct Link” to CloudFormation
Step 5: CloudFormation Stack creation with “Create Stack” button
Step 6: Copy the Role from the Outputs Tab. Populates after 4-5 minutes.
Launch Provisioning of the Data Plane
Once you’ve confirmed the Role ARN, Predibase will automatically begin to deploy the Predibase dataplane in your environment.
Feel free to navigate away while this provisioning process is in progress. On average, it takes around 20-30 minutes but exact times can vary. We’ll send you an email with the login link once the provisioning process is complete.
Expected Costs for Trial
There are two types of costs to expect with a VPC trial:
- Base Setup Cost: The estimated base cost for running a VPC 14-day trial in AWS us-west-2 is ~$200, which covers the full cost to spin up the dataplane in your environment, including an EKS cluster and S3 buckets.
- Usage Cost: Compute costs incurred by using CPU or GPU engines in the platform. A rough estimate for 2 weeks is ~$15-30, but exact amount may vary.
Both of these costs will be billed directly via AWS and appear on the AWS Billing Console.
Increase AWS Quotas
Since the compute will run in your AWS account, you will need to ensure that your AWS quotas are sufficient to run the Predibase Controlplane.
We recommend the following are increased from their default value of 0:
- "All G and VT Spot Instance Requests"
- "Running On-Demand G and VT instances"
Example page from AWS for requesting a quota increase:
An increase to ~192 for both values should be sufficient to run multi-node training engines, but a further increase may be necessary if you require more GPUs for large training jobs.