Note: This page only applies to Admins within Predibase.
To create an engine, simply click on the "+ New Engine" button in the top right-hand corner. This will open a modal, allowing you to make the following set of choices:
- Name: The name by which you can refer to this engine across the platform
- Engine Type: The type of engine you would like to create: General, Training, or Serving
- Template: The template of the engine to create, including both CPU and GPU templates. For each engine, you will see a blue preview box with the underlying nodes (compute) that this engine has access to.
If you select a General Engine, you will be asked for additional information.
- Auto Suspend: Will suspend your engine after a certain number of seconds (as provided). default: 0
- Auto-resume: If toggled, will automatically resume your engine when there is a query or selection made against it in Predibase. default: True